The governing body is responsible for ensuring that IAMS is run to promote pupil achievement and delivers a quality educational experience.
Its duties include:
- Setting strategic direction, policies and objectives.
- Approving the school budget.
- Reviewing progress against the school’s budget and objectives.
- Appointing, challenging and supporting the headteacher.
The governing body is made up of:
- Parent Governors (elected by parents).
- Staff Representatives (elected by school staff).
- Local Authority Governors (appointed by the local authority).
- Community Governors (members of the local community appointed by the governing body).
- Governing bodies make their decisions based on the advice of committees that deal with specific issues, such as the school’s curriculum, premises or finances.
You can contact the governing body via the school office.
Freddie Hudson – Community